19 May, 2022
Demystifying Anti-Corruption Enforcement for Journalists: Part IV Anti-Corruption in the United Kingdom
Date: Thursday, July 12, 2022
Time: 9:00 AM ET / 6:00 AM PT
Join the Vancouver Anti-Corruption Institute and TRACE for an interactive session, designed for journalists, on anti-corruption in the UK. Topics will include:
- How the UK investigates and prosecutes foreign bribery cases
- How the SFO coordinates with international counterparts
- The SFO’s approach to deferred prosecution agreements
- Tools, resources and efforts used to counter corruption and related financial crime
- Matthew Wagstaff, Head of Fraud and Corruption Division A, UK Serious Fraud Office
- Michelle de Kluyver, Partner, Addleshaw Goddard
- Neeta Chityal, Legal Director, Addleshaw Goddard
To submit a question ahead of the session, please write to [email protected].
Presented by the Vancouver Anti-Corruption Institute and TRACE, this series brings together current and former government officials from several countries, international development bank personnel and private sector lawyers to provide an overview of anti-corruption investigations and enforcement for journalists. The series will remain publicly available following the scheduled sessions.
Photo by The Climate Reality Project on Unsplash.