01 Sep, 2023
Combatting Crypto Crime Colloquium | Nov. 2, 2023
On November 2, 2023, the Vancouver Anti-Corruption Institute within ICCLR will host our second major international event: the 2023 Colloquium on Combatting Crypto Crime. This follows from our successful initial conference in 2022 on Whistleblowers and Public Integrity, co-organized with the Office of the British Columbia Ombudsperson.
Chaired by the Right Honourable Kim Campbell, former Prime Minister of Canada, the colloquium will focus on the key issues associated to combatting criminal exploitation of cryptocurrencies, including:
- Governance and legal frameworks within which cryptocurrencies are used and traded
- Key criminal and regulatory concerns associated with the misuse or misrepresentation of cryptocurrency, including fraud and money laundering
- Best practices in investigative and regulatory response
- Regulatory and investigative readiness requirements
- Current institutional capacity to combat criminal exploitation of cryptocurrencies
- The future of cryptocurrency in markets, regulation and law
The colloquium is designed for an audience of law enforcement and financial regulatory sector leaders, practitioners and other professionals; subject matter experts in the design, application and regulation of current crypto technologies; and all others whose work brings them into direct contact with the regulation or investigation of the misuse of cryptocurrencies.
Colloquium pricing: The cost of the colloquium is $275 plus applicable taxes. This includes a light breakfast, lunch, and coffee, as well as a reception post colloquium.
Colloquium venue: The colloquium hotel is the Rosewood Hotel Georgia, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. It is a short walk from renowned Stanley Park, art galleries, world-class museums, boutiques and Vancouver’s finest restaurants.
For more information, please contact the Colloquium Program Director Dr. Allan Castle.
Photo by Tom Dahm from Pexels.